R3692 BR 0-4-2T Class 14XX 1424 Railroad
- In stock
Hornby R3692 BR 0-4-2T Class 14XX '1424' OO gauge Railroad version
Designed to replace the Wolverhampton '517' class on light branch line duties, Charles Collett's 1928 0-4-2T 4800 Class were of a broadly similar design, but with modern refinements.
Locomotive No. 1424 was built at Swindon in November 1933 to Lot No. 279, entering service as No. 4824 at Fishguard Goodwick shed, remaining there until at least July 1938. Post-war, the locomotive was renumbered to 1424 and spent much of its working life around Gloucester. In December 1963 No. 1424 was withdrawn from Gloucester Horton Road and was disposed of the following June.